打印【有0个人次参与评价】

泰戈尔 吉檀迦利 双语版 冰心译

泰戈尔 吉檀迦利 双语版 冰心译

你已经使我永生,这样做是你的欢乐。这脆薄的杯儿,你不断地把它倒空,又不断地以新生命来充满。
  这小小的苇笛,你携带着它逾山越谷,从笛管里吹出永新的音乐。
  在你双手的不朽的按抚下,我的小小的心,消融在无边快乐之中,发出不可言说的词调。
  你的无穷的赐予只倾入我小小的手里。时代过去了,你还在倾注,而我的手里还有余量待充满。

-1-

Thou hast made me endless, such is thy pleasure. This frail vessel thou emptiest again and again, and fillest it ever with fresh life.

This little flute of a reed thou hast carried over hills and dales, and hast breathed through it melodies eternally new.

At the immortal touch of thy hands my little heart loses its limits in joy and gives birth to utterance ineffable.

Thy infinite gifts come to me only on these very small hands of mine. Ages pass, and still thou pourest, and still there is room to fill..

当你命令我歌唱的时候,我的心似乎要因着骄傲而炸裂,我仰望着你的脸,眼泪涌上我的眶里。
  我生命中一切的凝涩与矛盾融化成一片甜柔的谐音——
  我的赞颂像一只欢乐的鸟,振翼飞越海洋。
  我知道你欢喜我的歌唱。我知道只因为我是个歌者,才能走到你的面前。
  我用我的歌曲的远伸的翅梢,触到了你的双脚,那是我从来不敢想望触到的。
  在歌唱中的陶醉,我忘了自己,你本是我的主人,我却称你为朋友。

-2-
     When thou commandest me to sing it seems that my heart would break with pride; and I look to thy face, and tears come to my eyes.

All that is harsh and dissonant in my life melts into one sweet harmony -- and my adoration spreads wings like a glad bird on its flight across the sea.

I know thou takest pleasure in my singing. I know that only as a singer I come before thy presence.

I touch by the edge of the far-spreading wing of my song thy feet which I could never aspire to reach.

Drunk with the joy of singing I forget myself and call thee friend who art my lord..

我不知道你怎样地唱,我的主人!我总在惊奇地静听。
  你的音乐的光辉照亮了世界。你的音乐的气息透彻诸天。
  你的音乐的圣泉冲过一切阻挡的岩石,向前奔涌。
  我的心渴望和你合唱,而挣扎不出一点声音。我想说话,但是言语不成歌曲,我叫不出来。     呵,  你使我的心变成了你的音乐的漫天大网中的俘虏,我的主人!
-3-
     I know not how thou singest, my master! I ever listen in silent amazement.

The light of thy music illumines the world. The life breath of thy music runs from sky to sky. The holy stream of thy music breaks through all stony obstacles and rushes on.

My heart longs to join in thy song, but vainly struggles for a voice. I would speak, but speech breaks not into song, and I cry out baffled. Ah, thou hast made my heart captive in the endless meshes of thy music, my master!

Life of my life, I shall ever try to keep my body pure, knowing that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.

I shall ever try to keep all untruths.

我生命的生命,我要保持我的躯体永远纯洁,因为我知道你的生命的摩抚,接触着我的四肢。
  我要永远从我的思想中屏除虚伪,因为我知道你就是那在我心中燃起理智之火的真理。
  我要从我心中驱走一切的丑恶,使我的爱开花,因为我知道你在我的心宫深处安设了座位。
  我要努力在我的行为上表现你,因为我知道是你的威力,给我力量来行动。
-4-
Life of my life, I shall ever try to keep my body pure, knowing that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.

I shall ever try to keep all untruths out from my thoughts, knowing that thou art that truth which has kindled the light of reason in my mind.

I shall ever try to drive all evils away from my heart and keep my love in flower, knowing that thou hast thy seat in the inmost shrine of my heart.

And it shall be my endeavour to reveal thee in my actions, knowing it is thy power gives me strength to act.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 06:58 编辑 ].

请容我懈怠一会儿,来坐在你的身旁。我手边的工作等一下子再去完成。
  不在你的面前,我的心就不知道什么是安逸和休息,我的工作变成了无边的劳役海中的无尽的劳役。
  今天,炎暑来到我的窗前,轻嘘微语:群蜂在花树的宫廷中尽情弹唱。
  这正是应该静坐的时光,和你相对,在这静寂和无边的闲暇里唱出生命的献歌。
-5-

I ask for a moment’s indulgence to sit by thy side. The works that I have in hand I will finish afterwards.

Away from the sight of thy face my heart knows no rest nor respite, and my work becomes an endless toil in a shoreless sea of toil.

Today the summer has come at my window with its sighs and murmurs; and the bees are plying their minstrelsy at the court of the flowering grove.

Now it is time to sit quite, face to face with thee, and to sing dedication of live in this silent and overflowing leisure.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 06:59 编辑 ].

摘下这朵花来,拿了去罢,不要迟延!我怕它会萎谢了,掉在尘土里。
  它也许配不上你的花冠,但请你采折它,以你手采折的痛苦来给它光宠。我怕在我警觉之先,日光已逝,供献的时间过了。
  虽然它颜色不深,香气很淡,请仍用这花来礼拜,趁着还有时间,就采折罢。
-6-
Pluck this little flower and take it, delay not! I fear lest it droop and drop into the dust. I may not find a place in thy garland, but honour it with a touch of pain from thy hand and pluck it. I fear lest the day end before I am aware, and the time of offering go by. Though its colour be not deep and its smell be faint, use this flower in thy service and pluck it while there is time.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 07:00 编辑 ].

我的歌曲把她的妆饰卸掉。她没有了衣饰的骄奢。妆饰会成为我们合一之玷:它们会横阻在我们之间,它们丁当的声音会掩没了你的细语。
  我的诗人的虚荣心,在你的容光中羞死。呵,诗圣,我已经拜倒在你的脚前。只让我的生命简单正直像一枝苇笛,让你来吹出音乐。
-7-

My song has put off her adornments. She has no pride of dress and decoration. Ornaments would mar our union; they would come between thee and me; their jingling would drown thy whispers.

My poet’s vanity dies in shame before thy sight. O master poet, I have sat down at thy feet. Only let me make my life simple and straight, like a flute of reed for thee to fill with music.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 07:01 编辑 ].

那穿起王子的衣袍和挂起珠宝项链的孩子,在游戏中他失去了一切的快乐;他的衣服绊着他的步履。
  为怕衣饰的破裂和污损,他不敢走进世界,甚至于不敢挪动。
  母亲,这是毫无好处的,如你的华美的约束,使人和大地健康的尘土隔断,把人进入日常生活的盛大集会的权利剥夺去了。
-8-
The child who is decked with prince’s robes and who has jewelled chains round his neck loses all pleasure in his play; his dress hampers him at every step.

In fear that it may be frayed, or stained with dust he keeps himself from the world, and is afraid even to move.

Mother, it is no gain, thy bondage of finery, if it keeps one shut off from the healthful dust of the earth, if it rob one of the right of entrance to the great fair of common human life.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 07:02 编辑 ].

呵,傻子,想把自己背在肩上!呵,乞人,来到你自己门口求乞!
  把你的负担卸在那双能担当一切的手中罢,永远不要惋惜地回顾。
  你的欲望的气息,会立刻把它接触到的灯火吹灭。它是不圣洁的——不要从它不洁的手中接受礼物。只领受神圣的爱所付予的东西。
-9-
O Fool, try to carry thyself upon thy own shoulders! O beggar, to come beg at thy own door!

Leave all thy burdens on his hands who can bear all, and never look behind in regret.

Thy desire at once puts out the light from the lamp it touches with its breath. It is unholy---take not thy gifts through its unclean hands. Accept only what is offered by sacred love.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 07:02 编辑 ].

这是你的脚凳,你在最贫最贱最失所的人群中歇足。
  我想向你鞠躬,我的敬礼不能达到你歇足地方的深处——那最贫最贱最失所的人群中。
  你穿着破敝的衣服,在最贫最贱最失所的人群中行走,骄傲永远不能走近这个地方。
  你和那最没有朋友的最贫最贱最失所的人们作伴,我的心永远找不到那个地方。
-10-
Here is thy footstool and there rest thy feet where live the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.

When I try to bow to thee, my obeisance cannot reach down to the depth where thy feet rest among the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.

Pride can never approach to where thou walkest in the clothes of the humble among the poorest, and lowliest, and lost.

My heart can never find its way to where thou keepest company with the companionless among the poorest, the lowliest, and the lost.

[ 本帖最后由 ououmama 于 2012-7-7 07:03 编辑 ].

Leave this chanting and singing and telling of beads! Whom dost thou worship in this lonely dark corner of a temple with doors all shut? Open thine eyes and see thy God is not before thee!

He is there where the tiller is tilling the hard ground and where the pathmaker is breaking stones. He is with them in sun and in shower, and his garment is covered with dust. Put of thy holy mantle and even like him come down on the dusty soil!

Deliverance? Where is this deliverance to be found? Our master himself has joyfully taken upon him the bonds of creation; he is bound with us all for ever.

Come out of thy meditations and leave aside thy flowers and incense! What harm is there if thy clothes become tattered and stained? Meet him and stand by him in toil and in sweat of thy brow.

把礼赞和数珠撇在一边罢!你在门窗紧闭幽暗孤寂的殿角里,向谁礼拜呢?睁开眼你看,上帝不在你的面前!

他是在锄着枯地的农夫那里,在敲石的造路工人那里.太阳下,阴雨里,他和他们同在,衣袍上蒙著尘土.脱掉你的圣袍,甚至像他一样地下到泥土里去罢!

超脱吗?从哪里找超脱呢?我们的主已经高高兴兴地把创造的锁链带起:他和我们大家永远连系在一起.

从静坐里走出来罢,丢开供养的香花!你的衣服污损了又何妨呢?去迎接他,在劳动里,流汗里,和他站在一起罢..

The time that my journey takes is long and the way of it long.

I came out on the chariot of the first gleam of light, and pursued my voyage through the wildernesses of worlds leaving my track on many a star and planet.

It is the most distant course that comes nearest to thyself, and that training is the most intricate which leads to the utter simplicity of a tune.

The traveller has to knock at every alien door to come to his own, and one has to wander through all the outer worlds to reach the innermost shrine at the end.

My eyes strayed far and wide before I shut them and said ‘Here art thou!’

The question and the cry ‘Oh, where?’ melt into tears of a thousand streams and deluge the world with the flood of the assurance ‘I am!’

我旅行的时间很长,旅途也是很长的.

天刚破晓,我就驱车起行,穿遍广漠的世界,在许多星球之上,留下辙痕.

离你最近的地方,路途最远,最简单的音调,需要最艰苦的练习.

旅客要在每个生人门口敲叩,才能敲到自己的家门,人要在外面到处漂流,最后才能走到最深的内殿.

我的眼睛向空阔处四望,最后才合上眼说:"你原来在这里!"

这句问话和呼唤"呵,在哪儿呢?"融化在千股的泪泉里,和你保证的回答"我在这里!"的洪流,一同泛滥了全世界..

The song that I came to sing remains unsung to this day.

I have spent my days in stringing and in unstringing my instrument.

The time has not come true, the words have not been rightly set; only there is the agony of wishing in my heart.

The blossom has not opened; only the wind is sighing by.

I have not seen his face, nor have I listened to his voice; only I have heard his gentle footsteps from the road before my house.

The livelong day has passed in spreading his seat on the floor; but the lamp has not been lit and I cannot ask him into my house.

I live in the hope of meeting with him; but this meeting is not yet.

我要唱的歌,直到今天还没有唱出.

每天我总在乐器上调理弦索.

时间还没有到来,歌词也未曾填好:只有愿望的痛苦在我心中.

花蕊还未开放;只有风从旁叹息走过.

我没有看见过他的脸,也没有听见过他的声音;我只听见他轻蹑的足音,从我房前路上走过.

悠长的一天消磨在为他在地上铺设座位;但是灯火还未点上,我不能请他进来.

我生活在和他相会的希望中,但这相会的日子还没有到来..

My desires are many and my cry is pitiful, but ever didst thou save me by hard refusals; and this strong mercy has been wrought into my life through and through.

Day by day thou art making me worthy of the simple, great gifts that thou gavest to me unasked---this sky and the light, this body and the life and the mind---saving me from perils of overmuch desire.

There are times when I languidly linger and times when I awaken and hurry in search of my goal; but cruelly thou hidest thyself from before me.

Day by day thou art making me worthy of thy full acceptance by refusing me ever and anon, saving me from perils of weak, uncertain desire.

我的欲望很多,我的哭泣也很可怜,但你永远用坚决的拒绝来拯救我,这刚强的慈悲已经紧密地交织在我的生命里.

你使我一天一天地更配领受你自动的简单伟大的赐予――这天空和光明,这躯体和生命与心灵――把我从极欲的危险中拯救了出来.

有时候我懈怠地捱延,有时候我急忙警觉寻找我的路向;但是你却忍心地躲藏起来.

你不断地拒绝我,从软弱动摇的欲望的危险中拯救了我,使我一天一天更配得你完全的接纳..

I am here to sing thee songs. In this hall of thine I have a corner seat.

In thy world I have no work to do; my useless life can only break out in tunes without a purpose.

When the hour strikes for thy silent worship at the dark temple of midnight, command me, my master, to stand before thee to sing.

When in the morning air the golden harp is tuned, honour me, commanding my presence.

我来为你唱歌.在你的厅堂中,我坐在屋角.

在你的世界中我无事可做;我无用的生命只能放出无目的的歌声.

在你黑暗的殿中,夜半敲起默祷的钟声的时候,命令我罢,我的主人,来站在你面前歌唱.

当金琴在晨光中调好的时候,宠赐我罢,命令我来到你的面前..

I have had my invitation to this world’s festival, and thus my life has been blessed. My eyes have seen and my ears have heard.

It was my part at this feast to play upon my instrument, and I have done all I could.

Now, I ask, has the time come at last when I may go in and see thy face and offer thee my silent salutation?

我接到这世界节日的请柬,我的生命受了祝福.我的眼睛看见了美丽的景象,我的耳朵也听见了醉人的音乐.

在这宴会中,我的任务是奏乐,我也尽力演奏了.

现在,我问,那时间终于来到了吗,我可以进去瞻仰你的容颜,并献上我静默的敬礼吗?.

I am only waiting for love to give myself up at last into his hands. That is why it is so late and why I have been guilty of such omissions.

They come with their laws and their codes to bind me fast; but I evade them ever, for I am only waiting for love to give myself up at last into his hands.

People blame me and call me heedless; I doubt not they are right in their blame.

The market day is over and work is all done for the busy. Those who came to call me in vain have gone back in anger. I am only waiting for love to give myself up at last into his hands.

我只在等候着爱,要最终把我交在他手里.这是我迟误的原因,我要对这延误负咎.

他们要用法律和规章,来紧紧地约束我;但是我总是躲着他们,因为我只等候着爱,要最终把我交在他手里.

人们责备我,说我不理会人;我也知道他们的责备是有道理的.

市集已过,忙人的工作都已完毕.叫我不应的人都已含怒回去.我只等候着爱,要最终把我交在他手里..

Clouds heap upon clouds and it darkens. Ah, love, why dost thou let me wait outside at the door all alone?

In the busy moments of the noontide work I am with the crowd, but on this dark lonely day it is only for thee that I hope.

If thou showest me not thy face, if thou leavest me wholly aside, I know not how I am to pass these long, rainy hours.

I keep gazing on the far-away gloom of the sky, and my heart wanders wailing with the restless wind.

云霾堆积,黑暗渐深。呵,爱,你为什么让我独在门外等候?

在中午工作最忙的时候,我和大家在一起;但在这黑暗寂寞的日子里,我只企望着你.

若是你不容我见面,若是你完全把我抛弃,真不知将如何度过这悠长的雨天.

我不住地凝望遥远的阴空,我的心和不宁的风一同彷徨悲叹.

If thou speakest not I will fill my heart with thy silence and endure it. I will keep still and wait like the night with starry vigil and its head bent low with patience.

The morning will surely come, the darkness will vanish, and thy voice pour down in golden streams breaking through the sky.

Then thy words will take wing in songs from every one of my birds’ nests, and thy melodies will break forth in flowers in all my forest groves.

若是你不说话,我就含忍着,以你的沉默来填满我的心.我要沉静地等候,象黑夜在星光中无眠,忍耐地低首。

清晨一定会来,黑暗也要消隐,你的声音将划破天空从金泉中下注.

那时你的话语,要在我的每一鸟巢中生翼发声,你的音乐,要在我林丛繁花中盛开怒放..

On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying, and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded.

Only now and again a sadness fell upon me, and I started up from my dream and felt a sweet trace of a strange fragrance in the south wind.

That vague sweetness made my heart ache with longing and it seemed to me that is was the eager breath of the summer seeking for its completion.

I knew not then that it was so near, that it was mine, and that this perfect sweetness had blossomed in the depth of my own heart.

莲花开放的那天,唉,我不自觉地心魂飘荡.我的花篮空着,花儿我也没有去理睬.

不时地有一段幽愁来袭击我。我从梦中惊起,觉得南风里有一阵奇香的芳踪.

这迷茫的温馨,使我想望得心痛,我觉得这仿佛是夏天渴望的气息,寻求圆满.

我那时不晓得它离我是那么近,而且是我的,这完美的温馨,还是在我自己心灵的深处开放.

I must launch out my boat. The languid hours pass by on the shore---Alas for me!

The spring has done its flowering and taken leave. And now with the burden of faded futile flowers I wait and linger.

The waves have become clamorous, and upon the bank in the shady lane the yellow leaves flutter and fall.

What emptiness do you gaze upon! Do you not feel a thrill passing through the air with the notes of the far-away song floating from the other shore?

我必须撑出我的船去.时光都在岸边捱延消磨了――不堪的我呵!

春天把花开过就告别了.如今落红遍地,我却等待而又留连.

潮声渐喧,河岸的荫滩上黄叶飘落.

你凝望著的是何等的空虚!你不觉得有一阵惊喜和对岸遥远的歌声从天空中一同飘来吗?.

In the deep shadows of the rainy July, with secret steps, thou walkest, silent as night, eluding all watchers.

Today the morning has closed its eyes, heedless of the insistent calls of the loud east wind, and a thick veil has been drawn over the ever-wakeful blue sky.

The woodlands have hushed their songs, and doors are all shut at every house. Thou art the solitary wayfarer in this deserted street. Oh my only friend, my best beloved, the gates are open in my house---do not pass by like a dream.

在七月淫雨的浓阴中,你用秘密的脚步行走,夜一般的轻悄,躲过一切守望的人.

今天,清晨闭上眼,不理连连狂啸的东风,一张厚厚的纱幕遮住永远清醒的碧空.

林野住了歌声,家家闭户.在这冷寂的街上,你是孤独的行人.呵,我唯一的朋友,我最爱的人,我的家门是开著的――不要梦一般地走过罢..

Art thou abroad on this stormy night on thy journey of love, my friend? The sky groans like one in despair.

I have no sleep tonight. Ever and again I open my door and look out on the darkness, my friend!

I can see nothing before me. I wonder where lies thy path!

By what dim shore of the ink-black river, by what far edge of the frowning forest, through what mazy depth of gloom art thou threading thy course to come to me, my friend?

在这暴风雨的夜晚你还在外面作爱的旅行吗,我的朋友?天空像失望者在哀号.

我今夜无眠.我不断地开门向黑暗中了望,我的朋友!

我什么都看不见.我不知道你要走哪一条路!

是从墨黑的河岸上,是从远远的愁惨的树林边,是穿过昏暗迂回的曲径,你摸索著来到我这里吗,我的朋友?.

If the day is done, if birds sing no more, if the wind has flagged tired, then draw the veil of darkness thick upon me, even as thou hast wrapt the earth with the coverlet of sleep and tenderly closed the petals of the drooping lotus at dusk.

From the traveller, whose sack of provisions is empty before the voyage is ended, whose garment is torn and dustladen, whose strength is exhausted, remove shame and poverty, and renew his life like a flower under the cover of thy kindly night.

假如一天已经过去了,鸟儿也不歌唱,假如风也吹倦了,那就用黑暗的厚幕把我盖上罢,如同你在黄昏时节用睡眠的衾被裹上大地,又轻柔地将睡莲的花瓣合上.

旅客的行程未达,粮袋已空,衣裳破裂污损,而又精疲力尽,你解除了他的羞涩与困窘,使他的生命像花朵一样在仁慈的夜幕下苏醒..

In the night of weariness let me give myself up to sleep without struggle, resting my trust upon thee.

Let me not force my flagging spirit into a poor preparation for thy worship.

It is thou who drawest the veil of night upon the tired eyes of the day to renew its sight in a fresher gladness of awakening.

在这困倦的夜里,让我帖服地把自己交给睡眠,把信赖托付给你.

让我不去勉强我的萎靡的精神,来准备一个对你敷衍的礼拜.

是你拉上夜幕盖上白日的倦眼,使这眼神在醒觉的清醒喜悦中,更新了起来..

He came and sat by my side but I woke not. What a cursed sleep it was, O miserable me!

He came when the night was still; he had his harp in his hands, and my dreams became resonant with its melodies.

Alas, why are my nights all thus lost? Ah, why do I ever miss his sight whose breath touches my sleep?

他来坐在我的身边,而我没有醒起.多么可恨的睡眠,唉,不幸的我呵!

他在静夜中来到;手里拿著琴,我的梦魂和他的音乐起了共鸣.

唉,为什么每夜就这样地虚度了?呵,他的气息接触了我的睡眠,为什么我总看不见他的面?.

Light, oh where is the light? Kindle it with the burning fire of desire!

There is the lamp but never a flicker of a flame---is such thy fate, my heart? Ah, death were better by far for thee!

Misery knocks at thy door, and her message is that thy lord is wakeful, and he calls thee to the love-tryst through the darkness of night.

The sky is overcast with clouds and the rain is ceaseless. I know not what this is that stirs in me---I know not its meaning.

A moment’s flash of lightning drags down a deeper gloom on my sight, and my heart gropes for the path to where the music of the night calls me.

Light, oh where is the light! Kindle it with the burning fire of desire! It thunders and the wind rushes screaming through the void. The night is black as a black stone. Let not the hours pass by in the dark. Kindle the lamp of love with thy life.

灯火,灯火在哪里呢?用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上罢!

灯在这里,却没有一丝火焰,――这是你的命运吗?我的心呵!你还不如死了好!

悲哀在你的门上敲著,她传话说你的主醒著呢,他叫你在夜的黑暗中奔赴爱的约会.

云雾遮满天空,雨也不停地下.我不知道我的心里有什么在动荡,――我不懂得它的意义.

一霎的电光,在我的视线上抛下一道更深的黑暗,我的心摸索著寻找那夜的音乐对我呼唤的径路.

灯火,灯火在哪里呢?用熊熊的渴望之火把它点上来罢!雷声在响,狂风怒吼著穿过天空.夜像黑岩一般的黑.不要让时间在黑暗中度过罢.用你的生命把爱的灯点上罢..

Obstinate are the trammels, but my heart aches when I try to break them.

Freedom is all I want, but to hope for it I feel ashamed.

I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee, and that thou art my best friend, but I have not the heart to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room

The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death; I hate it, yet hug it in love.

My debts are large, my failures great, my shame secret and heavy; yet when I come to ask for my good, I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted.

罗网是坚韧的,但是要撕破它的时候我又心痛.

我只要自由,为希望自由我却觉得羞愧.

我确知那无价之宝是在你那里,而且你是我最好的朋友,但我却舍不得清除我满屋的俗物,

我身上披的是尘灰与死亡之衣;我恨它,却又热爱地把它抱紧.

我的债务很多,我的失败很大,我的耻辱秘密而又深重;但当我来求福的时候,我又战栗,唯恐我的祈求得了允诺..

He whom I enclose with my name is weeping in this dungeon. I am ever busy building this wall all around; and as this wall goes up into the sky day by day I lose sight of my true being in its dark shadow.

I take pride in this great wall, and I plaster it with dust and sand lest a least hole should be left in this name; and for all the care I take I lose sight of my true being.

被我用我的名字囚禁起来的那个人,在监牢中哭泣.我每天不停地筑著围墙;当这道围墙高起接天的时候,我的真我便被高墙的黑影遮断不见了。

我以这道高墙自豪,我用沙土把它抹严,唯恐在这名字上还留著一丝罅隙,我煞费了苦心,我也看不见了真我..

I came out alone on my way to my tryst. But who is this that follows me in the silent dark?

I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not. He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger; he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.

He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame; but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.

我独自去赴幽会.是谁在暗寂中跟著我呢?

我走开躲他,但是我逃不掉.

他昂首阔步,使地上尘土飞扬;我说出的每一个字里,都掺杂著他的喊叫.

他就是我的小我,我的主,他恬不知耻;但和他一同到你门前,我却感到羞愧..

Prisoner, tell me, who was it that bound you?’

‘It was my master,’ said the prisoner. ‘I thought I could outdo everybody in the world in wealth and power, and I amassed in my own treasure-hose the money due to my king. When sleep overcame me I lay upon the bad that was for my lord, and on waking up I found I was a prisoner in my own treasure-house.’

‘Prisoner, tell me, who was it that wrought this unbreakable chain?’

‘It was I,’ said the prisoner, ‘who forged this chain very carefully. I thought my invincible power would hold the world captive leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip.’

"囚人,告诉我,谁把你捆起来的?"

"是我的主人,"囚人说."我以为我的财富与权力胜过世界上一切的人,我把我的国王的钱财聚敛在自己的宝库里.我昏困不过,睡在我主的床上,一觉醒来,我发现我在自己的宝库里做了囚人."

"囚人,告诉我,是谁铸的这条坚牢的锁链?"

"是我,"囚人说,"是我自己用心铸造的.我以为我的无敌的权力会征服世界,使我有无碍的自由.我日夜用烈火重锤打造了这条铁链.等到工作完成,铁链坚牢完善,我发现这铁链把我捆住了.".

By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world. But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs, and thou keepest me free.

Lest I forget them they never venture to leave me alone. But day passes by after day and thou art not seen.

If I call not thee in my prayers, if I keep not thee in my heart, thy love for me still waits for my love.

尘世上那些爱我的人们,用尽方法拉住我.你的爱就不是那样,你的爱比他们的伟大得多,你让我自由.

他们从不敢离开我,恐怕我把他们忘掉.但是你,日子一天一天地过去,你还没有露面.

若是我不在祈祷中呼唤你,若是我不把你放在心上,你爱我的爱情仍在等待著我的爱.

When it was day they came into my house and said, ‘We shall only take the smallest room here.’

They said, ‘We shall help you in the worship of your God and humbly accept only our own share in his grace’; and then they took their seat in a corner and they sat quiet and meek.

But in the darkness of night I find they break into my sacred shrine, strong and turbulent, and snatch with unholy greed the offerings from God’s altar.

白天的时候,他们来到我的房子里说:"我们只占用最小的一间屋子."

他们说:"我们要帮忙你礼拜你的上帝,而且只谦恭地领受我们应得的一份恩典";他们就在屋角安静谦柔地坐下.

但是在黑夜,我发现他们强暴地冲进我的圣堂,贪婪第攫取了神坛上的祭品..

Let only that little be left of me whereby I may name thee my all.

Let only that little be left of my will whereby I may feel thee on every side, and come to thee in everything, and offer to thee my love every moment.

Let only that little be left of me whereby I may never hide thee.

Let only that little of my fetters be left whereby I am bound with thy will, and thy purpose is carried out in my life---and that is the fetter of thy love.

只要我一息尚存,我就称你为我的一切.

只要我一诚不灭,我就感觉到你在我的四周,任何事情,我都来请教你,任何时候都把我的爱献上给你.

只要我一息尚存,我就永把你藏匿起来.

只要把我和你的旨意锁在一起的脚镣,还留著一小段,你的意旨就在我的生命中实现――这脚镣就是你的爱..

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;

Where knowledge is free;

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;

Where words come out from the depth of truth;

Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;

Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

在那里,心是无畏的,头也抬得高昂;

在那里,知识是自由的;

在那里,世界还没有被狭小的家国的墙隔成片段;

在那里,话是从真理的深处说出;

在那里,不懈的努力向着"完美"伸臂;

在那里,理智的清泉没有沉没在积习的荒漠之中;

在那里,心灵是受你的指引,走向那不断放宽的思想与行为――

进入那自由的天国,我的父呵,让我的国家觉醒起来罢..

This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart.

Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.

Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.

Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might.

Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.

And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love.

这是我对你的祈求,我的主――请你铲除,铲除我心里贫乏的根源.

赐给我力量使我能轻闲地承受欢乐与忧伤.

赐给我力量使我的爱在服务中得到果实.

赐给我力量使我永不抛弃穷人也永不向淫威屈膝.

赐给我力量使我的心灵超越于日常琐事之上.

再赐给我力量使我满怀爱意地把我的力量服从你意志的指挥..

I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power,---that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and the time come to take shelter in a silent obscurity.

But I find that thy will knows no end in me. And when old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, new country is revealed with its wonders.

我以为我的精力已竭,旅程已终――前路已绝,储粮已尽,退隐在静默鸿蒙中的时间已经来到.

但是我发现你的意志在我身上不知有终点.旧的言语刚在舌尖上死去,新的音乐又从心上迸来;旧辙方迷,新的田野又在面前奇妙地展开..

That I want thee, only thee---let my heart repeat without end. All desires that distract me, day and night, are false and empty to the core.

As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light, even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry---‘I want thee, only thee’.

As the storm still seeks its end in peace when it strikes against peace with all its might, even thus my rebellion strikes against thy love and still its cry is---‘I want thee, only thee’.

我需要你,只需要你――让我的心不停地重述这句话.日夜引诱我的种种欲念,都是透顶的伪诈与空虚.

就像黑夜隐藏在祈求光明的朦胧里,在我潜意识的深处也响出呼声――我需要你,只需要你.

正如风暴用全力来冲击平静,却寻求终止于平静,我的反抗冲击著你的爱,而它的呼声也还是――我需要你,只需要你..

When the heart is hard and parched up, come upon me with a shower of mercy.

When grace is lost from life, come with a burst of song.

When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest.

When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner, break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.

When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one, thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder.

在我的心坚硬焦躁的时候,请洒我以慈霖。

当生命失去恩宠的时候,请赐我以欢歌.

当烦杂的工作在四周喧闹,使我和外界隔绝的时候,我的宁静的主,请带著你的和平与安息来临.

当我乞丐似的心,蹲闭在屋角的时候,我的国王,请你以王者的威严破户而入.

当欲念以诱惑与尘埃来迷蒙我的心眼的时候,呵,圣者,你是清醒的,请你和你的雷电一同降临..

The rain has held back for days and days, my God, in my arid heart. The horizon is fiercely naked---not the thinnest cover of a soft cloud, not the vaguest hint of a distant cool shower.

Send thy angry storm, dark with death, if it is thy wish, and with lashes of lightning startle the sky from end to end.

But call back, my lord, call back this pervading silent heat, still and keen and cruel, burning the heart with dire despair.

Let the cloud of grace bend low from above like the tearful look of the mother on the day of the father’s wrath.

在我干枯的心上,好多天没有受到雨水的滋润了,我的上帝.天是可怕的赤裸――没有一片轻云的遮盖,没有一丝远雨的凉意.

如果你愿意,请降下你的死黑的盛怒的风雨,以闪电震慑诸天罢.

但是请你召回,我的主,召回这弥漫沉默的炎热罢,它是沉重尖锐而又残忍,用可怕的绝望焚灼人心.

让慈云低垂下降,像在父亲发怒的时候,母亲的含泪的眼光..

Where dost thou stand behind them all, my lover, hiding thyself in the shadows? They push thee and pass thee by on the dusty road, taking thee for naught. I wait here weary hours spreading my offerings for thee, while passers-by come and take my flowers, one by one, and my basket is nearly empty.

The morning time is past, and the noon. In the shade of evening my eyes are drowsy with sleep. Men going home glance at me and smile and fill me with shame. I sit like a beggar maid, drawing my skirt over my face, and when they ask me, what it is I want, I drop my eyes and answer them not.

Oh, how, indeed, could I tell them that for thee I wait, and that thou hast promised to come. How could I utter for shame that I keep for my dowry this poverty. Ah, I hug this pride in the secret of my heart.

I sit on the grass and gaze upon the sky and dream of the sudden splendour of thy coming---all the lights ablaze, golden pennons flying over thy car, and they at the roadside standing agape, when they see thee come down from thy seat to raise me from the dust, and set at thy side this ragged beggar girl a-tremble with shame and pride, like a creeper in a summer breeze.

But time glides on and still no sound of the wheels of thy chariot. Many a procession passes by with noise and shouts and glamour of glory. Is it only thou who wouldst stand in the shadow silent and behind them all? And only I who would wait and weep and wear out my heart in vain longing?

我的情人,你站在大家背后,藏在何处的阴影中呢?在尘土飞扬的道上,他们把你推开走过,没有理睬你。在乏倦的时间,我摆开礼品来等候你,过路的人把我的香花一朵一朵地拿去,我的花篮几乎空了。

清晨,中午都过去了。暮色中,我倦眼朦胧。回家的人们瞟着我微笑,使我满心羞惭。我像女丐一般地坐着,拉起裙儿盖上脸,当他们问我要什么的时候,我垂目没有答应。

呵,真的,我怎能告诉他们说我是在等候你,而且你也许说你一定会来,我有怎能抱愧地说我的妆奁就是贫穷。呵,我在我心的微隐处紧抱着这一段骄荣。

我坐在草地上凝望天空,梦想着你来临时候那忽然炫耀的繁华――万彩交辉,车辇上金旗飞扬,在道旁众目睽睽之下,你从车座下降,把我从尘埃中扶起坐在你的旁边,这褴褛的丐女,含羞带喜,像蔓藤在暴风中颤摇。

但是时间都流过了,还听不见你的车辇的轮声。许多仪仗队伍都在光彩喧闹中走过了。你只要静默地站在他们背后吗?我只能哭泣着等待,把我的心折磨在空虚的伫望之中吗?.

Early in the day it was whispered that we should sail in a boat, only thou and I, and never a soul in the world would know of this our pilgrimage to no country and to no end.

In that shoreless ocean, at thy silently listening smile my songs would swell in melodies, free as waves, free from all bondage of words.

Is the time not come yet? Are there works still to do? Lo, the evening has come down upon the shore and in the fading light the seabirds come flying to their nests.

Who knows when the chains will be off, and the boat, like the last glimmer of sunset, vanish into the night?

在清晓的密语中,我们约定了同去泛舟,世界上没有一个人知道我们这无目的无终止的遨游。

在无边的海洋上,在你静听的微笑中,我的歌唱抑扬成调,像海波一般的自由,不受字句的束缚。

时间还没有到吗?你还有工作要做吗?看罢,暮色已经笼罩海岸,苍茫里海鸟已群飞归巢。

谁知道什么时候可以解开链索,这只船会像落日的余光,消融在黑夜之中呢?.

The day was when I did not keep myself in readiness for thee; and entering my heart unbidden even as one of the common crowd, unknown to me, my king, thou didst press the signet of eternity upon many a fleeting moment of my life.

And today when by chance I light upon them and see thy signature, I find they have lain scattered in the dust mixed with the memory of joys and sorrows of my trivial days forgotten.

Thou didst not turn in contempt from my childish play among dust, and the steps that I heard in my playroom are the same that are echoing from star to star.

那天我没有准备好来等候你,我的国王,你就像一个素不相识的平凡的人,自动地进到我的心里,在我生命的许多流逝的时光中,盖上了永生的印记。

今天我偶然照见了你的签印,我发现它们和我遗忘了的日常哀乐的回忆,杂乱地散掷在尘埃里。

你不曾鄙夷地避开我童年时代在尘土中的游戏,我在游戏室里所听见的足音,和在群星中的回响是相同的。.

This is my delight, thus to wait and watch at the wayside where shadow chases light and the rain comes in the wake of the summer.

Messengers, with tidings from unknown skies, greet me and speed along the road. My heart is glad within, and the breath of the passing breeze is sweet.

From dawn till dusk I sit here before my door, and I know that of a sudden the happy moment will arrive when I shall see.

In the meanwhile I smile and I sing all alone. In the meanwhile the air is filling with the perfume of promise.

阴晴无定,夏至雨来的时节,在路旁等候了望,是我的快乐。

从不可知的天空带信来的使者们,向我致意又向前赶路。我衷心欢畅,吹过的风带着清香。

从早到晚我在门前坐地,我知道我一看见你,那快乐的时光便要突然来到。

这时我自歌自笑。这时空气里也充满着应许的芬芳。.

Have you not heard his silent steps? He comes, comes, ever comes.

Every moment and every age, every day and every night he comes, comes, ever comes.

Many a song have I sung in many a mood of mind, but all their notes have always proclaimed, ‘He comes, comes, ever comes.’

In the fragrant days of sunny April through the forest path he comes, comes, ever comes.

In the rainy gloom of July nights on the thundering chariot of clouds he comes, comes, ever comes.

In sorrow after sorrow it is his steps that press upon my heart, and it is the golden touch of his feet that makes my joy to shine.

你没有听见他静悄的脚步吗?他正在走来,走来,一直不停地走来。

每一个时间,每一个年代,每日每夜,他总在走来,走来,一直不停地走来。

在许多不同的心情里,我唱过许多歌曲,但在这些歌调里,我总在宣告说:“他正在走来,走来,一直不停地走来。”

四月芬芳的晴天里,他从林径中走来,走来,一直不停地走来。

七月阴暗的雨夜中,他坐着隆隆的云辇,前来,前来,一直不停地前来。

愁闷相继之中,是他的脚步踏在我的心上,是他的双脚的黄金般的接触,使我的快乐发出光辉。.

I know not from what distant time thou art ever coming nearer to meet me. Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye.

In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard and thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret.

I know not only why today my life is all astir, and a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart.

It is as if the time were come to wind up my work, and I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence.

我不知道从久远的什么时候,你就一直走近来迎接我。

你的太阳和星辰永不能把你藏起,使我看不见你。

在许多清晨和傍晚,我曾听见你的足音,你的使者曾秘密地到我心里来召唤。

我不知道为什么今天我的生活完全激动了,一种狂欢的感觉穿过了我的心。

这就像结束工作的时间已到,我感觉到在空气中有你光降的微馨。.

The night is nearly spent waiting for him in vain. I fear lest in the morning he suddenly come to my door when I have fallen asleep wearied out. Oh friends, leave the way open to him---forbid him not.

If the sounds of his steps does not wake me, do not try to rouse me, I pray. I wish not to be called from my sleep by the clamorous choir of birds, by the riot of wind at the festival of morning light. Let me sleep undisturbed even if my lord comes of a sudden to my door.

Ah, my sleep, precious sleep, which only waits for his touch to vanish. Ah, my closed eyes that would open their lids only to the light of his smile when he stands before me like a dream emerging from darkness of sleep.

Let him appear before my sight as the first of all lights and all forms. The first thrill of joy to my awakened soul let it come from his glance. And let my return to myself be immediate return to him.

夜已将尽,等它又落了空。我怕在清晨我正在倦睡的时候,他忽然来到我的门前。呵,朋友们,给他开着门罢—不要拦阻他。

若是他的脚步声没有把我惊醒,请不要叫醒我。我不愿意小鸟嘈杂的合唱,和庆祝晨光的狂欢的风声,把我从梦中吵醒。即使我的主突然来到我的门前,也让我无扰地睡着。

呵,我的睡眠,宝贵的睡眠,只等着他的摩触来消散。呵,我的合着的眼,只在他微笑的光中才开睫,当他像从洞黑的睡眠里浮现的梦一般地站立在我面前。

让他做为最初的光明和形象,来呈现在我的眼前。让他的眼光成为我觉醒的灵魂最初的欢跃。让我自我的返回成为向他立地的皈依。.

The morning sea of silence broke into ripples of bird songs; and the flowers were all merry by the roadside; and the wealth of gold was scattered through the rift of the clouds while we busily went on our way and paid no heed.

We sang no glad songs nor played; we went not to the village for barter; we spoke not a word nor smiled; we lingered not on the way. We quickened our pave more and more as the time sped by.

The sun rose to the mid sky and doves cooed in the shade. Withered leaves danced and whirled in the hot air of noon. The shepherd boy drowsed and dreamed in the shadow of the banyan tree, and I laid myself down by the water and stretched my tired limbs on the grass.

My companions laughed at me in scorn; they held their heads high and hurried on; they never looked back nor rested; they vanished in the distant blue haze. They crossed many meadows and hills, and passed through strange, far-away countries. All honour to you, heroic host of the interminable path! Mockery and reproach pricked me to rise, but found no response in me. I gave myself up for lost in the depth of a glad humiliation---in the shadow of a dim delight.

The repose of the sun-embroidered green gloom slowly spread over my heart. I forgot for what I had travelled, and I surrendered my mind without struggle to the maze of shadows and songs.

At last, when I woke from my slumber and opened my eyes, I saw thee standing by me, flooding my sleep with thy smile. How I had feared that the path was long and wearisome, and the struggle to reach thee was hard!

清晨的静海,漾起鸟语的微波;路边的繁花,争妍斗艳;在我们匆忙赶路无心理睬的时候,云隙中散射出灿烂的金光。

我们不唱欢歌,也不嬉游;我们也不到村集中去交易;我们一语不发,也不微笑;我们不在路上流连。时间流逝,我们也加速了脚步。

太阳升到中天,鸽子在凉阴中叫唤。枯叶在正午的炎风中飞舞。牧童在榕树下做他的倦梦,我在水边卧下,在草地上展步我困乏的四肢。

我的同伴们嘲笑我;他们抬头疾走;他们不回顾也不休息;他们消失在远远的碧霭之中。他们穿过许多山林,经过生疏遥远的地方。长途上的英雄队伍呵,光荣是属于你们的!讥笑和责备要促我起立,但我却没有反应。我甘心没落在乐受的耻辱深处――在模糊的快乐阴影之中。

阳光织成的绿荫的幽静,慢慢地笼罩着我的心。我忘记了旅行的目的,我无抵抗地把我的心灵交给阴影与歌曲的迷宫。

最后,我从沉睡中睁开眼,我看见你站在我身边,我的睡眠沐浴在你的微笑之中。我从前是如何地惧怕,怕这道路的遥远困难,到你面前的努力是多麽艰苦呵!.

You came down from your throne and stood at my cottage door.

I was singing all alone in a corner, and the melody caught your ear. You came down and stood at my cottage door.

Masters are many in your hall, and songs are sung there at all hours. But the simple carol of this novice struck at your love. One plaintive little strain mingled with the great music of the world, and with a flower for a prize you came down and stopped at my cottage door.

你从宝座上下来,站在我草舍门前。

我正在屋角独唱,歌声被你听到了。你下来站在我草舍门前。

在你的广厅里有许多名家,一天到晚都有歌曲在唱。但是这初学的简单的音乐,却得到了你的赏识。一支忧郁的小调,和世界的伟大音乐融合了,你还带了花朵做为奖赏,下了宝座停留在我的草舍门前。.

108 123
发新话题